Staff Recruitment Process
Valour Youth in association with Mighty Men of Valour Staff Recruitment Process.
Mighty Men of Valour (MMOV) is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We use a professional recruitment agency called Active and Creative Teachers (ACT Recruitment Agency) to ensure the quality, scrutiny and suitability , references and vetting procedures
of the mentoring staff that we use.
ACT Recruitment Agency on behalf of MMOV ensure that all our mentors:
Are thoroughly interviewed, providing current Curriculum Vitae's, detailing previous employment and qualifications, training and professional status as required by law, the hirer or a professional body.
Identity is confirmed and checks are made via birth certificate, pass port or driving license
Proof of residing in the UK via utility bills/official work and pensions documents
Are Eligible to work in the UK
Have satisfactory references
Complete a medical questionnaire
When proposing a mentor to any school or organisation MMOV only supply mentors who have passed these quality and vetting checks through Active & Creative Teachers Recruitment.
MMOV also conduct, over time, our own quality processes, such as:
- Accredited Training - OCNLR Mentoring Practice course level 2
- Safeguarding Level 1 and 3
- List 99 search
As an employer we undertake to:
- Ensure that equality principles, with regard to contract status and career development opportunities, apply equally to all staff
- Ensure that equal opportunities and practice inform all staffing policy
- Encourage members of ethnic minorities, men and women to apply for posts in grades or areas of work where they are under-represented
- Pay due regard to the special needs of individuals, including those with physical or sensory disabilities, who may require support
- Have equally high expectations of all staff and providers irrespective of race, social background, gender and age
- To work and offer support all providers equally
- Inform and consult staff and providers on developments with the Equality Policy
- Address Equality issues and Complaints with immediate and appropriate action
All of our mentors also have agreed to and adhere to our Health & Safety, Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, Lone Working, Code of Conduct, as well as other Policies & Procedures recognised by Croydon Council Early Intervention Team.